The topics covered by the Staff Training organized by HSMA are Nuclear Physics and Radiochemistry, with connections to specific Radiation protection elements, and in particular:
- fundamental working principles of detectors for ionizing radiation;
- radiation shielding, the inverse square-distance law;
- spectrometry of alpha-, beta- and gamma-emitters;
- activation Analysis, Decontamination, Carriers, Tracers, the use of Radionuclide Generators;
- application of radiochemical separation techniques as well as of radioanalytical techniques.
The training methodology combines theoretical demonstrations, presentation of previous experiments and experiments’ simulation shown in real-time broadcast.
The training took place on the 12th - 16th July 2021 in virtual mode.
The Agenda of the training and the activity report can be downloaded in this section.