The two-years RADIUM Master (120 ECTS) in Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety is the main result of the project.
The Master pays a special attention to practical applications by setting up up-to-date didactic laboratories at Belarusian partner HEIs and offering traineeships for enrolled students at institutions and companies active in the field of nuclear safety and radiation protection.
The development and implementation of the RADIUM Master spread over six BY partner HEIs: Belarusian State University, Belarusian State University of Informatics and Electronics, Polotsk State University, Polessky State University, Francisk Gorina State University, Yanka Kupala State University in Grodno. The Master degree will be delivered by the Belarusian State University.
This network structure aims at combining the best local academic expertise and at maximizing the knowledge transfer for the benefit of Belarusian prospective students and professors in the field of Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Culture.
The Master will require intensive student mobility, as the participants will attend courses in all 6 HEIs.
The RADIUM Master program will produce professionals able to apply the acquired scientific knowledge in the field of healthcare, energy supply, research and environmental protection. In fact, the RADIUM Master graduates will be able to
- collect and analyze data to design devices for registering ionizing radiation, electronic and information-control systems;
- plan, execute and evaluate the results of experiment, and monitor the compliance with radiation safety standards;
- work with dosimetry and environmental monitoring devices;
- know basic norms and rules of Nuclear Safety Culture and promote safe methods when performing radiation-hazardous work;
- understand the IAEA safety standards, master the current trends in European nuclear education;
- generate and implement innovative ideas, use modern information technologies, communicate in interdisciplinary and international scientific environment thanks to the bilingual (English and Russian) teaching and learning material.